Monday, March 10, 2014

Are You Able To Laugh At The Days To Come

Proverbs 31:25
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
    and she laughs at the time to come.


I want to laugh at the days to come. 
But I want to laugh at them with my boy.


I long for strength and dignity. 
I want my world tipped back on it's right side.
I long for depression to leave my farmer and the cancer to be gone.

Do you have trouble? 
Aging parents in need of care? 
A job issue out of your control? 
A situation that you can't fix, or change; and it consumes you?
You know you need to trust God; but it's so hard
It's your life. And everything hinges on these decisions. 
You know what I mean?
It's these times that we need to lean on something solid.
We want answers and help.
Truth. 
Nothing but truth.
I don't want anything that is convoluted or niceties.
My heart is raw.
It is only Truth I want.

Psalm 6 says, I am worn out from my groaning.
I am so worn. We are so worn. This has been and is a mighty battle. 
We need to remember who fights the battle. 


Ephesians 6;12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, 
against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world 
and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The Lord is in this battle. We need to wait on him.
He hears us. 

Psalm 40:1
 I waited patiently for the LORD; 
he turned to me and heard my cry.



Psalm 25:3
No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame,
 but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.

Our hope is in the LORD.
He is Truth. He is strength.
He is where I will turn to for hope.

As I continue to find the quiet and hear God speak during Lent,
I am also unloading a bag a day of clutter.
I hope you have joined this journey in some way and are
 finding great peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment