Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Richness of Seeing Day #5 of Thankfulness

The farm boy headed to bible study. 
The dancer to class. 
My farmer was still caring for his ladies. 
So the youngest and I found we were alone. 
She had been up since 3:30 a.m. 
She wanted to snuggle. 
Such a rare gift. 
Knowing I love fixer, upper shows,
she put on Netflix to the perfect choice. 
One that the older daughter had shared  about on my wall just this day. 
We snuggled.
We watched. 
Just the two of us. 
While this journey of children being in
 heaven and growing up and moving on is rough. 
It's these moments that we need to cherish. 



I am thankful for:

Sunshine and warm days in November
A productive day of school
Washing windows
(yes! I was able to get one of the 40 done!)
A spontaneous visit with a friend
(poor girl had a double root canal!)
dinner already prepared 
a niece who will come and sit with me and eat her lunch
A daughter, even though far away, still thinks of her mama
Care packages sent
the slow pace of an evening to snuggle with the youngest
lessons I am learning in a quiet home 
that used to burst at the seam with children
eyes that see the beauty: hidden, waiting to be seen
hard discussions choosing church leadership
trusting when there is no other way
Elijah's friends who send me a note when I most need it
learning how to dance in the rain


When we intentionally step into gratitude our eyes are opened. 
We see glimpses of grace we never knew before. 

Won't you join us? 


Ephesians 1:8
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people


No comments:

Post a Comment