Friday, April 3, 2015

The Hope In Good Friday

It is Good Friday. 
The day we remember. 
The life that was given. 

The day He gave all, so we may live. 


Ann Voskamp in her way says so much. 
Click on the link to read her words of hope. 



Last year we were remembering a dear saint in the faith. 
One whose home going I still wrestle with. 


So giving. 
Such an encouragement to us in our raw grief. 
Such a help to my hurting heart. 

It's been a year of digging deep. 
Not finding even ground yet.

A year trying to understand. 

Today we lean into Jesus' walk to Glory. 


His purposeful steps to the Cross. 
One step in front of the other. . .
To eternity. 
For you and for me. 
Oh, what love. 
Such intensity, I can hardly bear. 

It was my sin that held him there. 
Until it was accomplished. 
His dying breath has brought me life. 
I know that it is finished. 
 -How Deep The Father's Love For Us

And so we wait. 
For Heaven to Proclaim the Glory. 
For the celebration. 

Because the tomb could NOT hold Him!


Selah
How Deep The Father's Love For Us

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond our measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away. . . 
As wounds that mar the chosen One
Bring Many Sons to Glory!




No comments:

Post a Comment