Thursday, April 28, 2016

Living Life

A busy day. 
Nothing new; 
except the feeling. 
All day. 
Something. 
Not right. 

The Cast Party. 



Families. 
Dancers. 
Food. 
Decorating. 
Arabian Nights. 
Alladin. 



So much to do. 
Purposefully stepping one foot in front of the other. 
Work. 
Grief. 
Talk truth. 
Verse after verse. 
To my weary heart. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

It just seemed so hard today. 
Pictures I hadn't ever seen. 
Quiet moments driving. 
Remembering. 
Finding it hard to believe he's really gone. 
That red hair. 
The silly, lopsided grin. 

I reach for words of truth. 

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Until I remembered.
 33 months. 
I stop in my tracks. 
Life is marching forward. 
I hadn't even remembered the date. 
I hadn't understood why the day was unsettled. 

The farm house is quieting down. 
Just the farm boy is stirring. 

The day is coming to a close. 
I have much to be thankful for. 
The evening spent with some of this area's finest young people and their families. 
Young people that have drawn along side of us and never let us go. 

I can't think of a better way to have spent this day. 
Preparing. 
Decorating. 
Creating. 
My farmer helping too. 
Now the day is done. 
It's time to rest. 
Continuing to step into truth. 
Remembering I am held. 

Good Night my Lijy. 


I still miss you with every fiber of my being. 
I loved your grin. 
That sparkle in your eye. 
It's how you looked at me the night you left. 
So excited. 
I will spend the rest of my days learning how to live without you. 
Stepping into the plan God has. 
Yielding to His ways. 
Trusting in the plan. 
Gaining strength that only He can provide. 

Keep my feet on solid ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment