Monday, December 21, 2015

I Ponder These Things

13 years ago I sat in the wee hours of the morning. 
Bathed in the twinkling Christmas lights. 


Hope wrapped inside; heavy with child. 
Nights uncomfortable. 
 Seeking solace in the quiet. 
Pondering. 

So different from my walk today. 



A Christmas child. 
Due at any moment. 

What did Mary feel as she carried the Hope of all Nations? 

What was it like that night when all hung in balance as the 
Incarnate became Flesh? 


Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Prophesy fulfilled. 
The journey to the Cross begun. 

All aligned.
Just as planned.

I pondered these things as the life in me moved. 

4 other children in the home. 
Wisdom on my side. 
A desire to slow time. 
Be in the moment. 
Treasure the deep of the night. 
The quiet.  
The season. 
Hope. 
Anticipation of what was to come. 
Advent

The moments ticked by as heaviness closed my lids. 
The sweet surrender of sleep. 
I pulled the blankets closer and breathed deep, the joy and expectation. 

Those sweet days of child bearing and hope. 
The future; joyous and unmarred. 

In stark contrast to the grief these days. 
The ache that drags and pulls. 

But that is not the way. 
The hope was not in flesh. 
Not in earthly vessels. 

My hope rests in that which can not be seen. 
In Him who came in humbleness to serve. 
The One I seek; Came for all. 
With a purpose. 

 He became flesh and bore our sin. 
He reigned on High and came as a child. 
His message of Peace for All. 

While sitting in the glow of twinkling Christmas lights;


I ponder these things. 
Hope. 
Joy. 
Grace. 
Forgiveness. 
Mercy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment