Thursday, May 26, 2016

To Hold the Moment

The petals danced in the wind. 
Pale, pink blossoms showering the yard. 
Spinning, whirling.


Images of Anne of Green Gables
The White Way of Delight flutter through my mind. 
Delightful visions.
This tree. 
This moment. 
I want to hold it. 
The beauty.


To behold. 
If we choose. 
I may have missed the significance;
closed my eyes to what needed to be seen.

We dash through life. 
Event to event. 
Attempts to numb pain. 
Create a rush. 

Rare do we pause; 
until moments like this;
create the occasion to see.

The magnitude of loss; still present, 
the waiting on ct scans and organic transition still there. 


But for a moment. 

Time stood still. 

The holy touched the earth. 
Something greater than myself spoke life and
 breath into the deepest place in my being. 
A moment that transcended this life as we know it. 

I Chronicles 16:29
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

2 comments:

  1. I love the line in your post, "Something greater than myself spoke life and breath into the deepest place in my being." That is profound, words to meditate on. Still praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think of you often, too sweet friend.

      Delete