Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Too Many Spoons

I put one back.


7 spoons.
It's a habit.
How do you "uncount"?
How do you break a habit.
They say it takes 30 days to create a habit.
It's been 14 months.
And setting 7 places at the table still seems natural.
I set one spoon back in the drawer.
I breath deep.
  I think of the habits I have established over the past 14 months.
My time in the Word is deep.
I search for meaning.
Truth.
Help for this weary heart.
I want to know.
That it counts for something.
That the life given.
Taken.
Somehow has meaning.
It's our search for significance.
We want to matter.
We need affirmation.
Hope.
It comes in the form of friends.
Rides on the wings of grace.
We seek.
But it is only from above that the true sense of peace can come.
Only in the surrender.
When we reach the end of ourselves.
We do not possess the strength.
There is nothing within us to rise up. . .
We are strongest when we are weak.

2 Conrinthians
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

It is in our weakness that the work is done.
It is where God's strength renews and flows.
When the supernatural happens.
It can't be explained.
Hope.
A promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment