Wednesday, October 1, 2014

He Made Me Laugh

He made me laugh. 
That second born son. 
The one who shoulders the weight. 
The future. 
He made me laugh. 
He loves Christmas.


Always has. 
Little sleep. 
So excited. 
A bundle of joy. 
Energy. 
Complying with my request, for a cup of coffee, before presents, on Christmas morning;
 he will have one waiting. . . long before it is time to be awake. 
Energy. 
Sheer joy. 
Over presents.
Over a babe in a manger.
Wonder. 
Contagious. 
And at 15 that joy is still there. 
I walk into the dining room after my shower. . . and I can hear it. 
And deep down I can feel the joy. 
He has turned on the Christmas music. 
Not just any Christmas music. 
Gene Autrey. . .Brenda Lee. 
The songs stir within a plethora of emotions.


Too early you say? 
Is it? 
Is it too early to rejoice in a gift given?
To find joy amid deep pain.
To take the mundane and turn it around?
I don't think so. 
And when that man/boy plays the Christmas music.
I know deep within there is still a boy.
There is still the pure delight in the age old magic of that starlit night;
when the holy touched the earth.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;



No comments:

Post a Comment