Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Reminder That There Is So Much More To Come


Philippians 3:10
But our citizenship is in heaven. 
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.


I was 16 when I heard the song by Petra,

"Not of This World"

We are envoys, we must tarry
With this message we must carry
There's so much to do before we leave
With so many more who may believe
Our mission here can never fail
And the gates of hell will not prevail

We are strangers, we are aliens

We are not of this world



We had a singing group. 
We sang this song. 
The words penetrated my heart.

"Our mission here can never fail. 
The gates of hell will not prevail"

The lyrics played over and over in my mind. 
The seed planted.  
I longed for heaven. 
I longed to share the peace found in a life surrendered. 
My quest for more than 30 years. 
A choice to live; Separate; apart.
Digging deep through words that bring life.
Seeking joy that transcends thought.


Sharing the love of Christ. 
In all we do.
Being stewards of land provided. 
Cultivating a holy marriage, made to last. 
Raising children.
Trusting in the plentiful times and in seasons of deep want. 
It's been 15 months since I have called my boy by name. 
 Each day a longing.
A plan; not my own. 
A path that has to be walked. 
The guttural cries unearthed from deep within. 
Days have turned to months and then a year. 
Reminding myself that we are not of this world. 
There is much yet to come. 
When we hold on to hope we allow the supernatural to enter in. 
God is able to work his beautiful plan.
He holds the pain of our hearts in the palm of his hand.
I hold on to the hope given.
He gives strength to the weary.
My eyes are lifted heavenward.
My feet firmly planted.
My farmer keeps reminding me.
15 months is but a day.

The laundry is waiting.
The farmhouse is beginning to stir.



The day has begun.
I breathe deep.
This day will be about what needs to be done.
I will look for ways to share.
He will guide my steps.


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. 


No comments:

Post a Comment