Saturday, November 1, 2014

30 Days of Thankfulness, It's A Start. Will You Join Me?

Thankfulness is a practice. 
Cultivated like many other habits. 
Yet one that is often neglected.
A gift given.
To shift our me centered focus off ourselves and onto the one so deserving of our Praise. 
So, this year I begin 30 Day's of Thankfulness.
Each day searching purposefully for that which I might other wise miss. 
Join with me on this journey.  
Leave a comment and share your Thankful journey. 

Psalm 92
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:To shew forth thy loving kindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night


I am thankful for:
Front door visits of memories from years past and her young son
Pies delivered from that same young lady
Remembering



Friends who won't let me go, who spur me on with their love and prayers
A community that holds us tight even after a year
A Memorial Fund that continues to grow, thanks to the generosity of many
Small steps and great grace
21 years of marriage and the lessons of holiness learned
children who seek the Lord and his will
a step daughter and son in law that include me in the details, even when they don't have to
the sweetest grand daughter and the way her smile washes gratefulness all over me
friends who have walked this journey ahead of us and remind us we are "doing ok"
A friendship formed through mutual loss though we have never met
Brilliant colors splashed across a holy palette
Snow capped mountains
The wonder of this season
hope amid pain and grief
Joy in a Savior that has not left my side
lessons learned in the darkest time of my life
Searching for the holiness found when stepping forward with a grateful heart

Philippians 4:4-6
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I pray that you can enter this journey with me. 
Seeking holiness when all you feel is heartache. 
Letting the mundane rise to importance through a new lens. 

Lord, I need you.
Every hour I need you. 

(Lord, I Need You Chris Tomlin)

1 comment: