Tuesday, November 11, 2014

When You Feel Defeated Before The Day Even Begins Day # 11 of Thankfulness

I wake to a raging headache.
CT scans, phone calls, all swim in my head. 
It's later than what I want.
I feel defeated before I am even out of bed.
I need to make breakfast, but I can hardly see. 
I want to just re-post yesterdays things I was thankful for, because today, 
I really don't want to be thankful for anything. 
I just want to go back to bed. 
Did you see it? 
Can you hear it? 
It's all about "I". 
The way to destruction is to fill your sentences with "I". 
What "I" need, what "I" want. 
Each time it will lead you to the pit. 
So I am taking all these thoughts swirling in my head, all the concerns about CT scans and insurance and I am heading to my knees. 
I will push through the veil that tries to threaten and overcome. 
This day needs to be about a plan that I do not write. 
I need to wait in expectation for what will be. 
So, I am filling up my steaming coffee mug for the second time. 
Then my steps will follow the path planned out for me. 
In gratitude. 

I am thankful for:
The practice of giving thanks
My post yesterday for our Veteran's
hot coffee
a God who sees all my issues before I do
strength to do what is right
these hard times; they produce perseverance
quiet moments to hear the will of God
the emptying out of self, so God is able to fill
hope 
solid ground upon which to walk
the beauty in sunrises over the mountain
crisp, clear mornings
the farmer junior, rising before dawn to get the job done
girls getting themselves ready for school without any prompting from me
the reminder that there is always, always something to be thankful for
the strength to know that all that will happen today will pass through the father's fingers first and that He will be with me no matter the path 

Matthew 28:20
"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

May you rise above the days challenges.
Let there be grace in your words.
Love in your touch. 
Hope in your actions. 
Let this day be about serving and not receiving. 
May you have the strength to Press On

Building 429
Press On 
All I need I will find in you. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment