Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day #23 of Thankfulness


Clothes flapping in the breeze.
Sunshine each day. 
Gorgeous sunsets. 


Time together as a family.
A farm family that rarely leaves home. 


And now time to travel. 
Home. 


Home to the routines and our chores. 
Home to the familiar, yet changed.
And coming home is so bittersweet.

I am thankful for:
Vermont coffee
My own bed
time with 6 people in a confined space with 2 tv's equipped with cable
4 days of no cooking or cleaning
time with my farmer
real conversations, about something other than the farm
3 days of little girls swimming to their hearts content
time in the Ancient Word
opportunity to worship with believers in another part of the country
going home
the gift of "getting away" for more than one night
those that made it possible for us to "get away"
the humor my kids have; and share it freely; often 
God's grace and mercy that flow so freely
the freedom we have to travel this country 
the beauty God created
Vermont coffee (did I already mention that)
my farmer who was willing to drive to go to Starbucks to get me coffee
a soul that yearns for more; more than what is here
hope; the promises given and the deep peace available
solid ground on which to stand


With hands lifted high, and feet planted firm we will continue walk 
the path God has placed before us. 
We will seek with all our heart the work we still have left to do. 
Part of our trip away has been seeking to look for ways to bless those we have come in contact with. 

We encourage you to pray today for God to place in your path 
those you may need to bless.

Leave us a comment if there was an act of kindness God place before you. 

May your Sabbath be rich and full of the rest God so richly intended. 

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


No comments:

Post a Comment