Saturday, November 15, 2014

We Need To Be About The Business Of Turning. Is Your Soul Up To The Challenge? I Dare You. Day # 15 of Thankfulness

Most days I do not want to be thankful for anything. 
 I want to step into the pit that says woe is me and stay there. 
I want to let the pain over take me. 
Each day is work.
Work to surrender. 
It is a conscious effort to step toward the holy each day. 
I wake. 
I remember. 
I hand it all over.
It is the way of the morning; before my feet touch the ground. 
(even before coffee-some things need to be done without coffee)
All my thoughts, all my desires surrendered. . . an emptying.
Even before I get out of bed. 
Each day. 
Work.
Before death and before cancer, I was struggling with some issues;
parenting, financial, a cluttered messy house.  .   . to name a few. 
I felt powerless.
I was praying and praying, asking God for guidance. 

On June 21,2013
He gave me this verse as I was reading:

Psalm 119:59 
I have considered my ways and I have turned my steps to your statutes. 
I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands

I was convicted of ways I was not following through on obedience. 
It is in the act of turning, that Christ is glorified and that victory is found. 
When we turn from the behaviors that threaten to pull us under. 
We literally need to stop. 
And turn. 
From that which we know is not pleasing to God. 
After the accident and during cancer on 
October 21, 2013 God again showed me: 

2 Timothy 2:19 
Everyone who confesses the name of the 
LORD must turn away from wickedness.

We need to be about the business of Turning.
Turning our hearts to God

Psalm 22:27
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, 
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Turning our thoughts to Praise

Psalm 150:6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. 
Praise the LORD.

God has promised to turn our mourning into dancing. 

Psalm 30:11
You turned my wailing into dancing; 
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 
That is one of the beautiful things about a faith journey, hand in hand with the Lord. 
He commands, yet his commands are followed by promises. 
Promises which He is faithful to uphold. 

I dare you to turn today. 

Turn from the idols that hold you in bondage. 
Turn to Christ. 
Turn from the behaviors that threaten to pull you under. 
Turn to the one who created you. 
It takes effort. 
The ruts we have created over the years are worn deep. 
But with the Lord on your side . . you have nothing to fear. 

Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? 
If God is for us, who can be against us?

There is none like him. 

Chris Tomlin
Our God - If Our God Is For Us




30 Days of Thankfulness~


I am thankful for:
a day spent with my girls
singing in the car with reckless abandon
finding my farmer son playing a game I haven't seen in just about a year
his creativity
a peaceful evening 
snow that is "sticking' around
the hope of a new day
that even when I wake with the heaviness in my heart there is a Savior I can run to
a steaming cup of coffee
a Savior that reached down made me new
the quiet hush in the morning before the farmhouse stirs
the opportunity to pray for the person/persons who are breaking into our cars
farming and the constant reminder to press on
mounds and mounds of laundry, that somehow just appears
dirty floors, which mean my house is full
this journey of thankfulness in year 2 of my grief walk




No comments:

Post a Comment