Friday, November 14, 2014

When The Barrenness Is All Blanketed In White Day #14 of Thankfulness

The transformation overnight
All blanketed in white. 
A wintry landscape.
The barrenness and dark covered in a sea of fluffy delight. 


There is still wood to gather.
Lawn furniture to put away.
Many things on the list to accomplish. 
For today; just rest in the work already finished.
Work done thousands of years ago. 
On a cross.
For me, for you. 
A soul washing. 
The barrenness turned white as snow.
A reflection of grace.
Deep down peace.
I breath deep the crisp air. 
My eyes feast on the beauty.
I drink in the solemness; the hush just before dawn.
The moments in between.
My thoughts rest on the divine. 
If all moments could reflect this one.

30 Days of Thankfulness~


I am thankful for:
the distinct seasons we enjoy here in the Northeast
Warm fires, hot coffee, quiet moments
little girls all snuggled in my bed watching videos
the warm spot my husband leaves when he heads to the barn
rich dialogue in small group over "The Screwtape Letters"
a son who rises before dawn, drinks coffee and lives with abandon
a daughter who applied to her first colleges
the hope of the future, even when you live on edge,
 knowing it may be taken from you at any moment
trees laden with a blanket of white
A landscape that still takes my breath away
wood so we can be warm
this day, before it has begun and all that it will hold

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Matt Redman
O Come Let Us Adore Him
It's so much more than a Christmas Hymn
Listen to those drums- We praise you Lord for the beauty in the drums.
I will miss my drummer all my days. 
Yet I will step into Praise, when my heart breaks. 
I will lift my hands and say, "You are worthy, Lord."
And we do give Him All the Glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment