Friday, September 19, 2014

What Preparations Do You Need To Make To Be Ready?

The frost wasn't too hard this morning.
We kept the house warm enough. 
My farmer turned the fire on before he left. 


I shudder to think how much propane we have used. 
We need to be prepared. 
As winter looms ahead. 
Wood needs to be cut. 
Air conditioners stored away for the heat of the summer day. 
Screens removed and the storm windows placed. 
All in preparation for winter. 
My freezer is partially full of summer's glow. 
Harvesting some of the bounty for later use. 
Still not quite there with all that needs to be done. 


Some steps; such an effort. 
Grateful for the gift of produce. 
It's like grace. 
A gift. 
Something we don't deserve. 
Our walk with Lord. 
Needing care and tending. 
Just as preparations for winter are imperative, so is the care for our souls. 
The intentional quiet before the Lord. 
Each morning. 
Spending time. 
In His presence. 
He doesn't need our fancy words. 
He needs us. 
Available. 
Still. 
Open.
Ready. 
Will you find that place today? 
Where the holy meets the harsh. 
Where God can breathe into your weary soul.
Where the striving ceases and grace infuses. 
Meet Him there. 
He's waiting. 

Psalm 46:10
He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
 I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth."


Be still my soul. . . 
The Lord is on thy side. . . 
In every change - He faithful will remain. 
In you I rest. . . in you I find my hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment