Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Are You Living In This Very Moment?

This is not my home.
No matter the beauty.


This is not where we belong.
My focus.
has to change.
Each morning.
A shift.
It's not about me.
God's plan is better. 
The missing overwhelming. 
My son.


I want him here. 
Why did God not stop the accident?
Why did he not save him?
Why was it fatal?


I fold laundry. 
His clothes. 
Worn by others. 
I breathe deep. 
It would be so easy to give up. 
To just let the darkness consume. 
The pain. The ache.


The work it takes. 
There is a hole; where he belongs. 
His classmates moving on. 
Celebrating. 
Living. 
The pull of the world. 
I turn. 
Into the arms of the Father. 
I AM. . . holding on to you. 
I AM in the middle of the storm. 
I reach. 
He is there. 
I slow my breathing. 
I hold onto to the Ancient Word. 
There's no end to Amazing Grace. 
The peace fills me.
 His peace. 

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. 
Not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

No matter the struggle, the pain, the joy, the way. 
God is there. 
There is hope. 
There is peace for the journey. 
Living and waiting for 'life to get better'. 
Is not a choice. 
Being present in the moment.
This very moment.
Are you there? In the moment? 



No comments:

Post a Comment