Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Learning How To Go With The Flow

I fear complacency. 
I fear a haughty heart in the face of a holy God. 
Obedience calls. 
But to what? 
The way is so unclear. 
The future looming. 
The days unknown. 
Weariness creeps in slowly. 
A heart pressed in on all sides. 
Reaching through to the joy. 
Yet, veiled by grief. 
Where do we go from here?
What is the calling?
The immediate rushes. 
I long for relief. 
I breathe slowly. 
Time to slow the pace. 
There is no way to the other side, but through, this journey.

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

When the searing pain threatens to consume, I lift my eyes to the heavens.


I run the promises through my mind. 
He will never leave me nor forsake me. 
He is a God who does what He said He would do. 
I step into thankfulness, because we were created to praise.
Psalm 148:5
Let them praise the name of the LORD, 
for at his command they were created

I can't know the future; and the way seems marred.
I feel like an intruder looking in.
Who is this woman?
What is her calling?
How does she keep moving?
This way is new.
A trail not yet forged.
Different from what I had expected. 
I am learning to let those expectations go.
Resting in the plan God brings forth.
Today is a new day.
I am laying it all down.
Every ache, pain, joy and sorrow.
What about you?
What about your journey?



No comments:

Post a Comment