Thursday, August 14, 2014

And. . . He's Off

He's heading off to college this morning. 
Elijah's friend. 
Ditching Marines for the Army. 
On an ROTC scholarship. 
So stinking proud of him. 



There is a dance of fine emotion in my being. 
A reminder of how much I miss my son. 
Yet, a glimpse into the goodness of God. 
I will pray for this young man and wait with great expectation to see where God will lead him. 
I will miss his "stop ins."
Though they have become less frequent. 
I will continue to pray for the young people heading back to school. 
They have been such a blessing to me. 


Time is moving on.
I can not hold the tide. 
I will embrace the journey. 
Rest in the strength of the Lord. 
I am looking forward to the stories and visits that will come. 
There is still a lot of living to do. 
There are many who need to hear the message. 
A Savior died for them.
Grace given freely. 
A solid rock on which to stand. 
As new journeys begin, may we have eyes to see the goodness of God. 
May love flow from us as we be the hands and feet of Jesus. 

Genesis 31:49
May the LORD keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment