Monday, August 4, 2014

How to Unsettle The Unsettling

I didn't get the coffee ready before I went to bed. 
I had a hard time falling asleep.
I was waiting for Clarissa to come home. 
And then I was restless. 
I woke to rain; and to a range of negative emotions. 
Searing loss. A laundry list of tasks to complete. 
Unsettled. 
The mundane.
Yet isn't it only mundane if I choose?
The darkness descends. 
The enemy is subtle in his ways. 
He seeks to discourage and confuse. 
To remind us of our weaknesses. 
Our tasks are offerings. 
Gifts. 
When the mundane creeps in we need to fight. 
First a good strong cup of coffee. 
Fight the urge to stay put. 
Move. 

Acts 17:28
For in him we live and move and have our being.' 
As some of your own poets have said, 
'We are his offspring.'

Move towards something. 
I move towards God's word.
To find a place to be in sweet communion with Him. 
The Author of Life. 
The giver of all good gifts. 

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, 
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, 
who does not change like shifting shadows.

We fight the enemy with God's weapons. 
We nail discouragement and the mundane to the wall. 
We step into the grace given for the day. 
The hope available. 
I am turning my lips to praise this morning, even though I feel defeated. 
I am moving, though I want to hide. 
My soul is open to the pouring in. 

Being Holy whole. 
Isn't that what we are here for?
Aren't we new creations in Christ. 
Living for him. 
Repenting of our wayward ways. 
Walking into the forgiveness so freely given. 
The darkness begins to lift. 
The farmhouse is coming alive. 
The urgency of the day calls. 
My soul is stepping into peace. 
May your day be full of movement. 
Movement that leads to a richer and deeper relationship with Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment