Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Even In The Searing Pain; We are Not Abandoned

I want to avoid his room. 
I haven't been in for a while. 
Sometimes the weight of the pain is crushing. 
I bring laundry up the stairs and turn away quickly. 
I pick up and work for a while. 
When it's time to go downstairs. 
I avoid looking. 
It's been a year. . . and a week. 
How can I do this long term?
How can I survive this piercing pain? 
Some days it is so hard to function. 
I am distracted. 
Sad. 
Each moment needing to change my focus and reach for more. 
Seeking the beauty in the struggle. 
We can be consumed by despair. 
Driven by emotions. 
Justifying actions. 
The course has been set. 
Who am I to question? 


How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns his face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One, 
Bring many sons to glory

We sing the lyrics. 
My heart hurts. 

The Father turns his face away

The sinless Savior was abandoned.


He bore my sin. 
God turned from Him. 
For me. 
I can barely breathe. 

He turned his face. 

Yet, I am given the promise. 

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, 
for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


I have been extended mercy.

Why should I gain from His reward? 
I can not give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart
 His wounds have paid my ransom. 

He will never leave me. 
He will never forsake me.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; 
perplexed, but not in despair;persecuted, 
but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

He has never left my side. 
Even in the pain of searing loss. 
He has lifted my feet to solid ground.
His face will never turn from us.
He will always be waiting.
Longing for us.
Until He returns.

No one is beyond His love.
No one is beyond His redemption.
He is waiting.
In repentance; forgiveness and restoration await.




No comments:

Post a Comment