Sunday, August 3, 2014

May Hope Find You

The music plays in the background. 
 A song, somehow, I have not heard before. 
A story needing to be told. 
Another taken so young. 
It is staggering how many young men have been called home in a single car accident. 
Young men. 
Mama's sons. 
Sibilings. 
Children of God. 
The couple on the video tell their story. 
Their words resonate with my heart. 
This is not our home. 
This is not where we belong. 
It is the reminder. 
This journey is not over. 
We are heading home. 
We have the assurance of where Elijah is. 
He is waiting for us. 
There is joy in that journey. 
Each day different; seeking, stepping forward. 
Even when cancer knocked on the door during the deep grief.
The assurance of hope was there. 

2 Corinthians 8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; 
perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned;
 struck down, but not destroyed.

This Lord's day, as you go, may you be encouraged. 


May hope find you. 


Elijah is home. 
Where he belongs. 
We are the ones waiting. 
We will wait with hope. 
With encouragement for the lost. 

Grab a cup of coffee and a box of kleenex. 
Listen with me as I cry and yearn for my boy; as I long to pass hope on to others.
And as I  know with all my heart that He is home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment