Friday, January 10, 2014

I Can't Grow A Garden, But I Can Plant My Feet Firmly On Solid Ground

My feet are planted firmly on the ground.
It's about the only thing I plant.
A farmer's wife that can not grow a garden.
Can you believe it?
It's true.
It's the ugly truth.
There is nothing green, or any other color, for that matter,  that prospers under my thumb.
I am more interested in cultivating souls.
Cultivating ground that yields to our Savior.
Soft earth willing to accept life in Christ.
Or the hard packed earth, where trouble and pain have made joy almost obsolete.
This is the ground in which I want to plant seeds.
Seeds that sow eternal life, grace and peace for the journey.
That is my garden.
That is my hearts cry.
Because when my world falls apart piece by piece;
I will not be moved.
Psalm 62:6
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; 
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.


The earth may shake but still those Ancient Words will pour over my soul. 
The death of our son, cancer or farm issues day after day will not move us. 
That Satan can try with all his might;
But I will not be moved. 
The garden of my soul will flourish. 
I will sing praises with every breath I have. 
This life is not my own. 
Watching Gary go through this is like walking in hell. 
I watched my mother battle cancer and begged God day after day to take her. 
I then have had my son ripped suddenly from me. 
Never to hear his voice, touch his face; watch him grow. 
And now this. 
But I will not be moved;
 with God's help;
with the strength of those around us. 
I will not succomb to the dread and fear that awaits. 
I will stand on firm ground. 
The ground, that those that came before us bent low to clear;
 the ground that yields life and is the sustenance for this farm.


My knees are bowed in prayer and my hands lifted in praise. 
I will lean into all that is unfolding.
I will sing praises with every breath I have. 
And while seed catalogs arrive this week, I will not be one to pour over them.
I will pour over those Ancient Words and water the garden I know how to plant.

I Corinthians 3:7
So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, 
but only God, who makes things grow.

I will walk by faith
Even when I can not see
Well, because this broken road
Prepares your will for me




No comments:

Post a Comment