Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Even When The Darkness Closes In. . .We still Need to Praise

Psalm 17:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; 
his love endures forever.

photo courtesy of Mallory Burritt

Psalm 118:28-29
You are my God, and I will praise you;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
His love endures forever.
So often, those who have gone before us, have given praise to our God. 
Through the storms that rage and the blessings bestowed; they praise. 
The lessons learned through the Ancient Prophets cause us to continually turn back to praise. 
When we walk roads that are wrought with pain and sorrow; praise seems so far away. 
Yet, for me it brings sweet relief. I fall to my needs and words escape. 
I lift my hands to One who knows all my pain and I am held. 


Even though he has allowed this deep agonizing pain. 
He allowed Elijah to return to the dust from which he came. 
He has allowed cancer to invade the earthly body of my farmer. 
We have hope.
We do not despair.

My heart will choose to say, 
Blessed be your Name
You Give and take away. 
My heart will choose to say;
Blessed be your Name. 

No matter your walk today. No matter how hard the struggle. 
No matter how plentiful.
Choose to say "Blessed be your Name"
Because He is in the struggle. 
He is in the very moment. 
Even when the darkness closes in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment