Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Don't Have A Typical To Do List

This day. 
It is new.
There is laundry and dirt.
There is an abundance of clutter, paper work and dishes. 
There is financial stress, farming chores and broken equipment. 
There is still cancer and the searing pain of the loss of a child. 
Today marks 3 years for another family and the loss of their son. 
A Classmate of Elijah's. 
A name read at Graduation. 
The emotion so overwhelming we clapped and cried, remembering. 
For a long time. 
A life cut short by his own hand. 
I remember the feeling. . . how can you lose a child? How does one ever live through it?
I prayed right there for that family, for all families.
I prayed for safety for my children.


Chelsea heavy with child at the time.
I prayed. 
Now.
Here too, I am. 
A life cut short. 
The missing; overpowering. 
Each step taken; away. 
Away from the life our family has known.

It is a new day. 

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it.

It is a day given by the LORD. 
We are still here. He still has work for us to do. 
It is a day to surrender and seek where God will lead. 
Who will He have you come in contact with today?
What will He call you to do to serve Him?
How will He use you? 
When will He use an opportunity to show love and mercy to someone today? 
Where will you be when He calls? 
Why do we wait to surrender to his will?

There is grace for today. 
Make it count; for His kingdom.
Being so caught up in the to do list, we forget what list really matters. 
I want to be faithful in the little things. 
I want my to do list to be written by Him. 


I don't want to miss how I should live. 
I don't want to be so caught up in the things I deem important that I miss the things God sees. 
So, I will keep the coffee pot hot. I will keep my eyes focused on the real work of the day. 
And when the burdens of this world become so heavy. 
I will turn to the I Am.

There is no space that His love can't reach
There's no place where we can't find peace. 

I AM Holding on to you. . .
In the middle of the storm
I Am holding on
I AM. 

Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.
 This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 
'I AM has sent me to you.'"

I am holding on tight today, to I AM.




No comments:

Post a Comment