Friday, October 18, 2013

Two Roads Diverged, And I Had No Choice

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I did not choose this road. 
It was made for me. 

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

It is the less traveled of the roads. 
It is the road lined with searing loss.


But it is the road chosen for me.
The road we were meant to walk.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The road though, is lined with loving support; 
 sprinkled with restful grace along the way. 

The uphill climb wears on the body,
 but the soul is nourished and never left alone.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
We don't know how to thank this wonderful community for not forgetting.For Reaching out and holding us close. We don't know how to walk this road. We don't know where it will turn or become impassable. But the grace bestowed on us, helps us press forward. 
Our eyes cry endless tears. Our hearts hurt from the agony of loss. I miss him. Dreadfully. And my soul wants to cry it's so unfair. Yet each time the burden feels too much, we receive a call, a card. a loving touch. We lean into what we know. And even though we are on the "Road Less Travelled". There has been endless beauty, extravagant grace, and abounding love.  
Whatever is in front of me, help me to sing Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. I've been musing on Psalm 16:11 ~
    "You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
    As He leads us on our paths, He comforts us with His presence and gives us a joy that goes beyond circumstance. And He promises eternal pleasures. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete