Thursday, October 24, 2013

There is Great Grace, And There is Still Beauty

My kids found these teenagers a few years ago on youtube. 
They love listening to their harmonies. 



As a child my family would sing this hymn,gathered around the
 piano, with my Grandmother or Uncle playing the piano like there was no tomorrow. 
Oh how they would sing and harmonize. 
My cousins family sings like that.
 It's a beautiful thing. 
Those are years of memories forever etched into my being.

This song became near and dear to us as mom began her journey with cancer;
as she stepped ever heavenward. 
Oh how she would sing this song with certainty that,
 "Because I know He Holds the Future. . .And life is worth the living (even when you have cancer) Just Because He Lives."
He lived and died to buy my pardon. . .


 Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
 because He lives, all fear is gone. 

I can face tomorrow.
There are days that I don't want to. 
This journey is agonizing.
It is not right. 
And nothing in my being wants to make it right. 
But Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. 
And I know for Elijah, As death gave way to Victory,
He stood and saw those lights of Glory. 


God's handiwork has been so evident in the landscape and in the heavens lately.
I do not want to miss these gifts of beauty. 
Because even though there is unbearable pain;
there is still beauty. 

Psalm 8:3-5
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars,

w
hich you have set in place,
 

what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels

    and crowned them with glory and honor.


And as the colorful display gives way to stark barrenness.
There is still beauty. 
It is hidden.
It will take a change of seasons.
But it is there. 

I walk again with a friend.
It's been a week. 
This walking helps. 
It distracts.
It gives focus.
I am grateful. 

So many instances of grace. 
And when I ponder that grace;
grace given at the expense of His Son.
I can barely breathe.
And there is still beauty.
Even in this mess. 



We continue to work this farm.
We continue to give Praise to God for his gift of grace.
We await our first grandchild. 
We await Gary's surgery.
We mourn the loss of our son.
And there is great beauty.

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD your God
 who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
 Do not fear; I will help you.


There is great grace. . .


5 comments:

  1. Tammy, despite all the pain in your heart and messages right now, I have found you, your family and your incredible faith as morning prayer that I share with you. Every day I look forward to hearing how you are and am amazed at your faith and immeasurable love for our Lord. I pray for you every day and am anxious to hear of the arrival of that new life in your family. Grandchildren bring so much love into your family and your heart will be overjoyed. I am sure it won't lessen the loss but it will give renewed focus and faith in His unending love. Thank you for conitnuing your journey with us all. I look forward to hearing about your day, every day. Thank you. (Julie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. As the body of Christ we hold each other up when we can't stand alone. . .Thank you for upholding us. . .

      Delete
    2. I pray each day for you, I mourn the loss of your beautiful son Elijah, and I relive the tragic losses in my life and rejoice in your FAITH which helps strengthen mine....my daily prayer now includes your family though we have never met but are joined because we are the mothers of sons... and I look forward to your search of JOY and FAITH in your daily life and entries...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for another post. How reassuring it is, I'm sure for your family and friends to know where you are on your grief journey. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day is a new journey. Seeking God's face each moment. This journey is difficult and we want to be faithful.

      Delete