Thursday, October 17, 2013

Even on Your 20th Anniversary, One Can Get Cranky

Even on your 20th Anniversary one can get cranky.


We don't relax. 
We are in constant motion.
Every moment needed to survive.
For a farmer there is work and there is sleep.
And when the harvest is in or the sun too hot. . .


There is a season for rest. 
But not much. 
So when 20 years come and we take a break.
There is bound to be bumps in the road.
But we work them out. . . it's the way of marriage.
It is giving and giving more.
It is loving better, being patient and kind.
Keeping NO record of wrongs.
I Corinthians 13

And time away has been good.
We live in a beautiful state.
The color exquisite this year.

We arrive at our hotel ,.
We are told that our room has been upgraded.
We are wished a Happy Anniversary
We did not share this information when we made our reservation.
They are aware of our son's passing as well.
After we are in the room for awhile, there is a knock at the door and room service delivers chocolate and chilled champagne. . .compliments of the General Manager with the room upgrade.
This is extravagant grace.
I can count on one hand the number of times we have been away.
Never, have we been treated like this.
Thank you to whom ever planned this detail.

We dined by firelight, had massages.


But still cried ourselves to sleep.
Even in the elegance of a place like this,
 the raw emotions of a broken heart can't be escaped
I  pray.
I pray for 20 years of loving.
I pray for loss and broken hearts and a family that will never be the same.
I pray for our children still allowed to be with us and the new life coming soon.
I pray for those that carry the new life and strength for their journey ahead.

Life is not easy.
Marriage is not easy.
But loving God is.
It is  surrender,  repentance, and acceptance.
 Mercy and Grace.
We all have a story.
We all have pain.
But we all have access to the One that will;
"wipe every tear from their eyes. 
There will be no more death’
 or mourning or crying or pain,for the old order of things has passed away.”
Revelation 21:4
There is hope and there is joy. . . beyond anything our earthly minds can grasp.


Looking through my phone last night I found a few more pictures.
I treasure these gifts.
I miss all that has been.
This new walk is unfamiliar.
Yet, each moment of the way we are held.
We are loved.

May we all take time today to keep no record of wrongs. . .
If you will, please take a moment to listen to this link from my cousins' son Adrian Gonzalez.

I Corinthians 13
Adrian Gonzalez





No comments:

Post a Comment