Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Hope For Today Lies In the Surrender

The sun rises in its glory. 
It will be another beautiful day. 
Such a gift to farmers.
Hope.
It is 11 months today. 
A journey I do not want to travel, but must. 
This place is uncomfortable and unpredictable. 
I long to change the path. 
I will for it all to be different. 
I want to hear Elijah's voice.
I long to have my 17 year old be 18.
I wrestle fiercely in my spirit. 
We are not of this earth.
This. This is not our home.
We are on a journey to eternal life.
This path is lived with bowed knee.
In humble submission. 
A place where there is strength beyond words.
I reach for that strength.
Because I can't walk 11 months.
But God can. 
He will strengthen us.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.


I am weak and I am weary. 
I step into the strength He provides. 
I wrap my arms around the Ancient Word. 
I step onto the porch. 
The sun continues it's ascent.
The warmth hugs me like a blanket.
The hope for today lies in the surrender. 
It's not my day. 
It is the Lords and He knows what's best. 
So I lay all of my expectations at the foot of the cross. 


Youth will gather at the farm today for the end of the year, beginning of summer gathering. 
Everything has changed. 
I am changed.
It is all different. 
I trust for the way in this new walk.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint.

One needs to embrace the change that God brings. 
Hold loosely to the things of this earth. 
They are fleeting. 
But God is never changing. 

The Lord Our God   Kristian Stanfill

The Lord our God is ever faithful
Never changing through the ages
From this darkness
You will lead us 
And forever we will say 
You're the Lord our God 

In the silence in the waiting
We can know you are good.
All your plans are for your glory.  . .



No comments:

Post a Comment