Friday, June 20, 2014

Keep On, Keeping On

The words on the pole begin to fade.


The area around the site; bare. 
The remnant of something. 
Unknown to passers by. 
A cross. 3 flags.
A memorial, one thinks. 
Each drive along that route, I cry out to the Father. 
I ask for mercy in this process. 
I beg for the pain to be softened.
I long to know why. 
Yet I don't remain there. 
There is still purpose and work left to do here.


The tension of how to move on and remember, pull. 
A desire to hide from all that is moving on; strong. 
Effort made each day to surrender my spirit and step forward.
So we will keep on keeping on.

Joshua 1:9
This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. 
For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

I am only strong when I am weak.
The journey to the cross purposeful.
Intentional.
Denying all for Him. 
Pushing aside the worldly chatter.
Trusting the process.
Laying it all down.
The steps and the path ordered by the giver of life.
Waiting. 
Our feet on solid ground.
Our hearts yielded and willing.
Open to the Spirits leading.
Stepping into joy. 
Stepping into purpose.
Clinging to promises.
Hope.
The words are fading. 
But the memories are alive.
The hand that hold us; strong.
I will redeem the last drive he took.
I will fervently pray that route each time; for years to come.
Do you have a route you need to redeem?
Is there a path you journey everyday and wish there had been a different outcome?
Come to the place where you are held. 
Take up the Cross and rest in the One who can redeem all different endings.
Give your soul rest and peace.
Eternity.

Matthew 16:24-26
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?



No comments:

Post a Comment