Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How Worry Is NOT My Constant Companion

Today we head to the hospital.
The questions we have had; answered.
The preparation for chemo and radiation will begin.
I do not know what this journey will hold. 
My spirit is weary with grieving.


Yet in my weariness, as I pass the pole, I see someone has placed a cross. 
I am later told it was Alaria, Elijah's girlfriends sister.

My weariness is from the unknown.
But worry has not been my companion.
Great sorrow, deep agony;
Yes, they follow me.
But worry has fled in the face of peace. 
Because peace has also been my faithful and constant companion. 
It is a peace, not as the world gives.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

It is a peace cultivated through years of surrender to the One that has called us into being. 
It is a peace stemmed from yielding day after day, moment by moment 
I do not understand this jounrney. 
I do not like it.


I want out at the nearest stop. 
But I don't have a choice. It is here to stay.
But the Lord of all the universe is in control. 
He is a God who keeps his promises.
And he will be faithful. 

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry 
it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

So, as we begin this next part of the journey, come what may, we will breathe in deep the Ancient truth. We will live with all we have for the One who ransomed His life for ours. 
We will work hard to raise our children left here on this earth 
in the fear and admonition of the Lord. 
(Goodness sometimes that is a challenge)
We will seek to endeavor to share this beautiful gift with those around us. 
And we will seek peace in this journey. 
As this road leads us through the Season of Advent. . . 
we wait with anticipation what God will do; here, in our midst. 
The Incarnation. 

Thank you all for your notes of encouragement. Words of wisdom from experience. 
And most of all your prayers. 
Oh, how we know that people are praying; we can feel them. 

Please listen to the words of this song. 
Word of God Speak by Mercy Me

Oh how they minister to my soul. 
Beyond the music, beyond the noise. . .

To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice



No comments:

Post a Comment