Sunday, June 1, 2014

Delight In His Sabbath

Isaiah 41:10
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you. 
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Words I cling to. 
Hope I claim. 
It is Sunday morning again. 
A morning for me that will always remain hard.


The conflict of loss; the gift of the Sabbath. 
Yet isn't the gift of Sabbath because of death?
One for all.
So there might be life?
Everlasting?
He gave all so we could all have. 
The goal of Sabbath; rest.
Leaning into Christ and the promise He gave with His life.
New life. 
Shed off all that hinders today.
Look for the rest God offers.
Seek the peace He longs to share.
Open your hands to receive.
Quiet yourself to embrace God's goodness.
Look around with eyes wide open.


His beauty is there.
There is joy beyond measure.
Rest in the Lord.
Delight in His Sabbath.

Isaiah 58:13
"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day,
 if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable,
 and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." 
The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

No comments:

Post a Comment