Saturday, May 31, 2014

When The Thunder Rolls

The rains came. 
The wind picked up and blew those storm clouds right over this farm;
and the fields where we were haying. 


The gusts strong and the temperature change severe. 
Loose items on the farm blew around. 
The thunder roars.
It is so easy to get discouraged. 
Everything hangs on the quality and the quantity of the feed. 
The rain is not a good part of the equation. 
Bale wrapping equipment can't run in the rain. 
Wet bales will not produce good feed. 

I wallow in the pit for a few minutes. 
I start to count the blessings. 
Really, the only way, is to look up. 
We stumble and fall when our eyes are cast downward.

Psalm 43:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?
 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

My farmer is not alone. 
There are 4 other folks gathered around him. 
Working side by side. 
Standing in this gap.

The storm passes and there are rumors of rainbows all around. 


Not surprising after such a storm.
A reminder. A covenant made. With the covenant people. 
We, the people.
Look for the blessing in the day. 
God will provide. He will see us through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment