Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What Kind Of A Legacy Will You Leave?

Someone took his flag. 
I know it doesn't really matter. 
But it was the only thing marking his grave. 
Someone placed it there. And I have loved it. 


 I feel violated. 
I want to scream, my son has already been taken from me! 
Now the flag too?
I am sure someone probably saw the flag and thought it was randomly placed where it was.
It wasn't a malicious act. 
They had no idea there was a grave. 
I know this; but this is such a great reminder. 
The legacy Elijah left is so much more than the space in the graveyard.
We are eternal beings. We were created by a loving God. 
For Him. With purpose. 
Even on our darkest days.
When all else is falling apart around us.
That never changes.
We have purpose.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
 which God prepared in advance for us to do.
The pain and hurt of our current circumstances can not compare with the coming glory. 
We need to hold fast. 
Live for that purpose. Leaving a legacy pointing to God. 
Breathe deep. 
Rest in the promises.
God is never changing. 
He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. 
He will fulfill His purposes through us. 
Each morning I continue to push through the fog. 
The searing pain ever present.
I seek to turn those moments to praise;
To gratitude.

 The sunrises in all it's glory.
The rhythm of the day begun.
The joy comes from a deep path worn through the years of grace.

It is well with my soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment