Saturday, May 10, 2014

I Still Don't Have Eyes To See; I Miss So Much


Once again I missed it.
 Someone else brought to my attention the obvious. 
How God has used his creation to show his heart.
 Literally. 
I missed it the morning Elijah stepped into Eternity. 
The heaven's declared their majesty in the shape of  a heart.
Psalm 19:1 
The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
I missed the heart.
 But I caught the colorful display in a picture. 
It wasn't until later that someone pointed out the heart. .


In a picture. 
God used his creation to share another heart. 
A reminder of his infinite love. 
His desperate pursuit of us. 


A heart. 
A symbol of love. 

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: 
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; 
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.



He uses the details of this life to remind us of his Glory. 
He is the everlasting. 
It is only in Him I find my strength. 
It is a daily letting go. 
Reaching towards the "what I know".
When the weight is heavy and the future seems devoid of hope; 
let the praises start to flow. 
God inhabits the praises of his people. 

Psalm 22:3
Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.

May my eyes continue to be opened to the blessings He pours out. 

In the Protestant tradition we often us a doxology to offer praise as the end of a service or gathering. 
We sang it on Elijah's first birthday in heaven. 
A reminder to step out into praise. 
It is a conscious act for me. A deliberate choice. 
So is seeking God's majesty in His creation. 
Offer a sacrifice of praise; when your heart is anywhere but there. 
Offer it anyway. 
Grab a warm cup of something. 
Find a quiet space and listen to this Doxology. 
Offer the praise. 

Psalm 116:17
I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the LORD

Praise God  from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below. 
Praise Him above Ye Heavenly Host. 
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. 



No comments:

Post a Comment