Tuesday, May 6, 2014

How Does One Let Go, When You Want To Hold On Tight?

How to walk this road; nobody knows. 
Learning to let go when you want to hold on tight. 
The future torn from you. 
Death.
The silent thief. 
Knows no boundaries. Respects no heart. 
We, a people, not meant for death. 
Created for life. 
Abundantly. 
The searing pain rips through. 
Again, and again.
A walk past the room.
A graduation cap and gown.
The sound of a siren.
Again, and again, the pounding pain.
He is no longer here.
He is no longer here.
There are no coming homes.
I do not cook his favorite meal.
I write no letters and receive none in return.
The pain like a knife.
We are human.
We are made in His image.
Therefore my pain is real.
He was my son.
Never forgotten.
Always missed.
A piece of me.
Gone.
Awaiting the reunion with great anticipation.
Longing for the moment to see Him again.
Pushing to put Christ over my son.
My yearning for heaven is Jesus. Not Elijah.
But in all honesty the desire is for my child.
I held him and rocked him.
I watched him grow,
I saw him cross the threshold from High School to manhood.
How does one let go when you want to hold on tight? 
You let go to God. Give rest to your soul.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
You seek peace in each corner.
Cry out in prayer.
Because letting go, when you want to hold on tight. . . is hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment