Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pushing Regret Out The Door

It was Prom. 
Such a beautiful evening. 
Sunshine.
Excitement. 
Anticipation. 
Beauty. 
Each moment a gift to be treasured. 
Because you never know when they may be gone. 
I ask for one thing. 
A family picture; from Prom. 
I have none from the boy. 
A regret. 
A request I make. 
And this is what I get. 


I love it. 
Always room for a giggle. 
Somehow there is always a space though. 
I don't know how it works.
In the center. 
A hole. 


A hole in my heart that burns. 
Yet a hole that was filled last night by the joy seen. 


A reminder of life.


Friends.


Life long friends. 


Youth. 


Treasured friendships. 
Gods gift to us.
Hold them close. 
No regrets

John 15:12-15
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Throwing it back to my High School days. When I chose God over everything else. 
In turbulent times, He reached out and touched my life. 
Set me on a solid rock with a firm foundation. 
And I have never turned back.
He has filled me with joy. . . even when the unspeakable happens. 
I am forever grateful. 
He knew the storms that would come my way. 
He knew I would need Him. 
He knew my friends would be needed to hold me through these days.  
I cherish all my friendships, whether they been for 40 years or 40 days.
The gift of friendship. 
What a thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment