Monday, May 5, 2014

Sometimes, What We're Given, Is Not What We Want. Can You Relate?

He cracks a joke. His eyes twinkle. 
He doesn't smile.
 He doesn't have to; his eyes always have.




He participates in a discussion. 
He prays. 
My farmer is feeling better. 
A weight beginning to lift. 
Even for a moment.
His walk with the Joy Thief long.
He has continued to climb those walls; doing the hard work. 
But having a piece of him back is exhilarating.
I miss his handlebar mustache. A different thief at work.
Radiation and Chemo stealing unknown fragments along the way. 
Sometimes we don't know what we're missing until it's gone. 
These have been days of learning to appreciate all I have.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

What I have, may not be what I want.
The lessons of life learned through the trials.
Each day a journey to the heart of God.
Seeking how to live when the searing pain a constant companion.
Even the darkest days God showed his immeasurable strength.
He seeks communion with his people.
He longs for our company.
We're still on a road that is challenging.
It is not a path I have chosen.
It is the one placed before me.
My heart yields to the lessons God wishes to impart.
It is His will I seek.
Learning to walk in His ways is my greatest desire.
He is giving us peace and strength for the way, one moment at a time.


We all have a road to walk.
The stories you all share have been such an encouragement along the way.

What has your journey been?
Do you long to tell your story.
We tell our story, which ultimately tells His.
We have had so many praying for us.
Won't you let me pray for you?





No comments:

Post a Comment