Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Joy Thief

The day dawns and the clutches of the joy thief grasp tighter. 
Basic decision making becomes a monumental task.
The world pales and darkness threatens to consume. 
Severe flooding, long hours, financial instability,
 the death of your son and cancer chase you to the brink. 
But even in that you do not fall. You call it by it's name. Out loud.
Depression. 
The joy thief.
A real and frightening path. 
Many lose their way walking through the darkness of depression. 
But you name the demon. 
And you call the doctor. 
You will climb the steep walls and do the hard work. 
I watch as you bow in humble submission to the God who lays another tough path before you. 
I watch as those who love you come to be by your side. 
You will not fall. You are held. You are kept. 
You are my farmer; and I love you. 

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, 
and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) to you! One moment at a time...that is all God wants us to handle at a time. Praying that you can get through one moment at a time. Breathe. We are all praying for you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete