Sunday, February 16, 2014

When I Don't Measure Up. . . I Need To Remember What I Wrote Earlier In The Week

I fall short. I don't measure up. I head down a road of self destruction. 
It is so easy to do. The dishes aren't done. The floors need to be mopped. 
The phone rings and there are bills to pay. The laundry is backed up again. . .the kids need help.
(I didn't say they were helping. . .they need help)
The house is so cluttered. 
One of the hydraulic hoses on the case blew. There's a flat tire on the Swinger. 
The Valtra is at the shop. 
My farmer worries me. I miss my son. 
My heart hurts. I am worn. 
It all clambers for my attention. Every detail. 
And just for a moment I have lost sight. My vision blurred. 
There are too many I's and My's in those statements. 
And I remember my reflections earlier in the week. 

(click on the link to read)

Jude 1:1
To those who have been called, who are loved by God,
 the Father and kept by Jesus Christ.

We are kept by Christ
What a thing. 

It is time to rest. To be quiet before the Lord. 


How ever that looks to you.
 But be still. 
(Really. Shut off the radio, the fist pumping music, 
the delightful books on tape (or cd or whatever) and listen. . .)
Know that He is God.
 He will never leave us or forsake us. He is doing a mighty work. 

Psalm 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

We are kept through the storm. Through the fire. 
There is much mercy and grace. 
The trials of farming are overwhelming at times. 
 It is a reminder to persevere. 
Hoses and tires can be fixed.
And we are kept. 



No comments:

Post a Comment