Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's Not for The Faint Of Heart. . .Or Those Who Like Steady

We are running out of feed. 
Again. 
Honestly, I can't wait for this winter to be over; yet I wonder what this coming year will hold.
We are heading into our dry time. 
We are micro-managing every penny spent and what needs to be bought. 
We want to turn everything around. 
We are so tired of struggling. 
Really. 
Everything is a struggle. 
Nothing seems fun. 
It's not supposed to be like this. 
When did the fun stop? 
When did we begin this downward spiral?
 I don't think it has as much to do with finances than it does our attitude. 
It's not for the faint of heart or those who like steady. 
Farming is for the adventurous, incredibly stubborn and determined. 
They see hope where others see none. 
We are going to get back there. 
I want this farmer to remember why he loves what he does. 
Why I left my job to stay home.
We're going to remember. 

I took a walk today. 
(Btw it was freezing)
I looked at that mountain.  


I thought, only heaven can be more beautiful than this. 
I can't see the future. 
I can't pretend to make everything go away. 
But I can close my eyes; breathe deep and let God work his miracle. 
 He is bigger than everything we are going through. 
Even in this; we are right where we need to be. 
That is where I want to remain. 
Right where He wants me to be. 

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment