Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Do You Have A Hope And A Future?

We stopped at the Diner on the way home. 


I just love that place. 
2 different strangers, now friends, sent gift certificates so we could go. 
It seems to be a good place after the hospital. 
The booths bring comfort. The coffee;  hot and delicious. 
The food; just perfect.


We talk. We make plans. 
It's the we that is so exciting. Recently I have done most of the talking. 
(Ok, so, I usually do most of the talking)
But this time he shared too. It was wonderful. 
We talked about plans for the Spring. 
A plan.
Things that need to get done. 
A future. 
The needs for pasture as Spring is right around the corner. 
Hope.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We hold on to that hope. 
We cling to the promises. 
We do not know what the future holds. 
But we know who holds the future
This journey is riddled with pain and uncertainty. 
I ache for it to be different. 
Yet we are equipped to walk every step of the way. 
One day with Christ is better than a thousand elsewhere. 

Through your pain; can you see hope? 
Through the joy; do you see the future? 
I hope so. 



2 comments:

  1. I love that place too. My husband and I keep telling people about it. My last time was Monday. My favorites are the eggs benedict and homemade bread. I've had all sorts of good meals there, and I love the sunny windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have done such a great job! Looking forward to the day we see each other in there!!! I haven't tried the eggs benedict yet. But I think I will next time. I too, love the sunny windows, when the sun is out!

      Delete