Monday, February 10, 2014

The Landscape That Brings Such Peace; The Savior, Where I Find Rest

I love this farm. 
I remember the first time I came here. The first time I rode up the road on the bucket of one of the tractors. We came up the hill and the mountain and all it's majesty loomed before me; 
snow covered, 
silhouetted against a clear blue sky. 
It took my breath away and stirred in me an emotion I had never felt before. 
This place still does that.


No matter the weather;


Or the season. 


It is beautiful. 


It has been a blessing through sickness and the deepest of heartaches.
I have seen life and death in this place. 
It holds my past and even now my future. 


It is a soothing balm in the midst of the trials of life. 


God has shown his majesty throughout the ages in glorious ways. 


The farm has been a sanctuary is the midst of some of the fiercest storms



There are reminders, continually, that He keeps His promises. 
Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, 
that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? 
Does he promise and not fulfill?


Even when it feels barren and God seems so far away. 
When our hearts ache with the pain of this world.
He is still here. Still doing the amazing. 
Isaiah 20:48
Do you not know? Have you not heard? 
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.


Even in the quiet. In the darkest of Winter. He is here. He is moving. 


We head to see the Oncologists today. I rest in the unfailing love of the Savior.
 I trust even though I may not like the outcome.
 I trust knowing that whatever may come is what is meant to be. 
I rest in knowing that He is here. 
Moving in our midst. 

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:

This song is from Mendelssohn's Elijah.

O rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him,
And He shall give thee thy hearts desires.
Commit thy way to Him, and trust in Him,
And fret not thyself because of evil doers.
O rest in the Lord, and wait, wait patiently for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment