Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's a Big, Deep Breath Kind Of A Day. . . Day #28 of Thankfulness

It's a big deep breath kind of a day.
It's been 4 months.
4 months since we were woken from our sleep with the news that our
  boy was in the presence of the King of Kings.
4 months since we placed our red headed, handsome, just graduated boy in the sod of this earth.


  How thoughts of that night still rock my world. 



And it's this day, that America celebrates all that we are thankful for.


The bounty and provision given in desperate times. 
Being thankful is a practice I have cultivated throughout the months and years of my life.
Seeking wholeheartedly all for that in which I am thankful.
Yet, being thankful for our son going home, so early, is beyond my earthly abilities.
 I don't think that is what God intends.
 I think being thankful for the life I had with him. Being thankful for those around us and all that we have, is what God desires. It is a deep understanding, that this is not our home. This is not where we belong. And one day we will be together, forever. I will walk each one of those steps still here on this earth wrapped in God's strength.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Our lives are to reflect His Glory, His promises, until the day He calls us home.
This journey is hard.





It's edges, rough. The fear of the unknown, lies at the door waiting to pounce.
 But our strength will remain in the LORD. We will find shelter in the palm of his hands.
So, on this Thanksgiving Morning, I surrender my life and my heart to
God's unfailing love and mercy.
It is to Him, be all the Glory.

Day #28 of Thankfulness
I am Thankful for;
Visits with a friend with little girls
Making cookies in the midst of a messy kitchen
a delivered meal that Ella actually ate
A new string of lights on the back porch
fresh snow-our sins will be made white as snow
fixed water at the barn
fixed circulator pumps in the house
a warm house in every room (the rooms that have heat)
the memories of wonderful Thanksgivings
friend who delivers a turkey to our freezer, and flowers to my kitchen
a delivery of flowers from other friends, delivered by one who too, has lost much
A day set aside to break bread with family and friends
this life, that no matter how tough it gets, our Savior is right there in the journey
my family, no matter how it has changed, I am still a blessed woman


“I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it.” 
― Elisabeth ElliotThrough Gates of Splendor


This is my desire. And there is no other rock on which to stand.
May your Thanksgiving be a gift today. May it be filled with the richness of God's amazing grace; whether you are in the midst of family and friends, or alone at your table; whether you are experiencing deep seeded grief or untold joy.

PSalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Lord I come, I confess, Bowing here, I find my rest. 
Without you. . .I'll fall apart, you're the One that guides my heart. 
Lord I need you, Oh I need, Every hour I need  you
My one defense my righteousness.
Oh How I need you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment