Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Praises. . . Day #10 of Thankfulness

It is Sunday Morning.
My coffee is ready.
I am heading to read God's Word.
My source of encouragement

This has been a week of waiting.
A week that, really, has been filled with grace.
I am grateful for the hugs and meals, visits and prayers.

I am weary and torn.
I want to see beauty from these ashes.
As we continue to wait we will keep our eyes focused.
We will continue to give thanks.
Have you felt the difference in naming the things you are grateful for?
It is a practice that I want to never forget.


Day #10 of Thankfulness:
A Holy Experience
I am thankful for:

The beauty of Vermont
The stark contrast of the gorgeous foliage a few weeks ago to the barreness now


Unseasonable warm days
Cousins who come to visit, just to be together and encourage
Finding what was lost
(so grateful)
Beautiful views from my window
Cheesy Christmas movies with the kids
The reminder that we are being prayed for. . .
unceasingly
That even though my heart aches, there is One who knows my pain
Coffee and people who share that love
My little girls who love to curl up in my lap and snuggle



This week I have read things that were encouraging to me.
They have spurred me on in my struggles.
Click on the links for encouragement, strength, or just something to ponder. 

*My cousin Dawn sent this link. It is beautifully written.
An Open Letter to grief

*And this little gem for some smiles. This is the story of my life. 




*Here is an article from Michael Hyatt about getting moving. . . something I struggle with greatly.









Finally here is a post from Dawn herself. Full of wisdom and honesty. We are all on a journey. We need to make our life count. Life can be overwhelming. Where do we go with those real emotions and how do we continue to nurture our families, be a contributing member of our society when we feel haggard and used up? 
The Way to Guaranteed Victory


May all that you do this day be in obedience to the giver of life.
May your joy be deep. 

Micah 6:8
He has declared unto thee, O man, what is good and what the LORD requires of thee: only to do right judgment, and to love mercy, and to humble thyself to walk with thy God.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this Open Letter to Grief. My prayer has been and continues to be that the words would minister to those who need it. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grief is still so raw. When my cousin saw your post, she sent it my way. Thank you for writing. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for ministering.

      Delete
  2. Hello again .. I commented several months ago when you shared a link to a post I wrote on grief. I wrote a follow-up post today and wanted to share it with you in case the Lord might use it to His glory.
    Another Letter to Grief:

    http://reflectiontherapy.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/another-letter-to-grief/

    ReplyDelete