Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Letting Go and Letting God. . . Day #12 of Thankfulness

Cancer, radiation, chemo, Elijah, our new baby, the kids.




My mind swirls. 
It hasn't even been a year since my mom walked a similar journey. 
Our son has been gone for 16 weeks. 
Now we face another battle. 
And I am weary. 
I can't feel. 
My soul is numb. 
Yet I can't deny the grace that is poured out.


2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, 
"My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness." 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me.

The nurse at the doctors office is a believer and we pray
Right there in the middle of the doctors office.
And this straightforward diagnosis has turned into something very complicated.
Yet, even in this, God is sovereign.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,
 for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


I receive Mercy. 
There is not one detail that God has missed. 
Even in the midst of this deep heartache.
He is still God. 
He is still Mighty. 
I put one foot in front of the other. 
My voice lifted in Praise to the one who has called us into being.


Day #12 of Thankfulness
I am thankful for:
Our community who still reaches out. . .everyday
Friends, family, strangers; who call or stop by to see what we need
pies on the table with Davis in a heart

A chicken on the counter for dinner, after a long day at the hospital
 (partially eaten because the 14 year has a hole in his leg)
Lori, who has watched my girls so much over the years of mom with cancer and now Gary
Our LORD and Savior who strengthens me with each step
The body of Christ who is lifting us up.I can feel it.
My dream of Elijah this morning before I woke up-the first dream I have had since he went home
The snow this morning on the ground
(even though I haven't put away the yard things yet. . .ooops)
A warm house because our community gave
My farmer.

We will continue to trust God even through this trial.
I pray in God's holy name, that even now the cancer would have no hold.
I pray that we are open to the lessons that God would teach us.
Help us in our marriage to communicate and support one another.
Lord, be with our family.
Help us to help our children grieve their brother well and trust that God is in control with their daddy.
Bring Chelsea great peace as she is far away, loving on new life.
Bring her great peace.

So we need the Lord. Oh, how we need him.
As you listen to this song, will you pray for the Philippines, for those that have lost loved ones as we head into the holiday, and pray for those living with illnesses.
We are not alone.
And where God is. . .we are free!
His holiness is Christ in me.
Jesus, you're my hope and stay.
Sing it and believe it with me.
We serve a mighty God.
May we still be singing when the evening comes. . .



2 comments:

  1. Praying for your family at this most difficult time. I've never met you, but was introduced to your blogs by a mutual friend. But by the blood of Christ we are family and I will continue to lift you up in prayer that God will continue to give you the strength to get through each day and that your faith will continued to be strengthened. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. We are resting on the arms of our loving Savior. Leaning on the prayers and strength of those around us. . .as we are tired. . .

      Delete