Thursday, November 14, 2013

How Do You Look For The Grace Given For Just This Day?. . . Day #14 of Thankfulness


We are glad the day is over.
A dead cow to start the day.
Baler needs to be sent to dealer to have some work done. 
(Did I mention it is barely a year old. So much for buying new)
The shaft on our tractor stopped working, creating feeding, scraping and management issues. 
And. . . .the the fluid on Gary's incision returned. . . so back to the hospital we went. 
3 days in a row. 
We are tired. We are so worn
Yet, God knows our needs. 
On the way home we stop at a grocery store we never frequent and run into a friend who wants to help with management of the farm.
He himself a farmer with lots of experience, not farming now. 
These bits of grace.
You miss them if you're not looking. 
If you're so caught up in the negative of the situation there is no space for God to send his mercy and grace. 
We head to the Middle School play and watch as our next to youngest daughter takes the stage and really wows us. We sort of knew she liked drama (seriously no pun intended). There is so much of it in our house. But this was wonderful. The whole production was fantastic. 
We were so proud to be part of a community that encourages the Arts. 

And so we return home tired and ready for bed. 
I leave clothes. dishes, food, paperwork undone.
Trips to Burlington, late nights out. . .they're hard.

But before I lay my head on the pillow.
I head upstairs to say good night to the kids.
I linger at his door.
I breathe in. 
His smell is waning.
I close my eyes and swallow down the pain. 
I give thanks for the day and for the ways God shows us his love. 

Day #14 of Thankfulness
I am Thankful for, our firecracker baby.
She came on the 4th of July.
She too left me with scars, just like her oldest brother
Fitting we would name them both with "E"'s.
She had been milking the umbilical cord.
A scary thing to do.
So her arrival was in a flurry of medical swiftness. 


After 6 pregnancies and 10 years, our youngest arrived, thanks to many great doctors and nurses.
We are thankful for:
her spitfire nature


brown eyes in a sea of blue
endless energy
questions that leave you saying, hmmm
insights into things of this world
a faith that questions and wants to understand, so much like her oldest brother


A quick mind with numbers and concepts; leaves us shaking our heads sometimes.
Hugs
Snuggles
Her sensitivity to climb into our laps when the grief is overwhelming


Endless smiles
The child that has cried everyday of her life 
(must be the youngest thing, we heard the youngest of her Davis Aunts was similiar)
Her musical ability


For God's Grace in giving her to us


Ending with some Farming Humor today. Thanks Jen for sharing this with me. 
Standing on the Promises today.
Because when we are weak He is made Strong. 
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness." 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me.


3 comments:

  1. A day in the live of the Davis' is far from boring! Sorry for the discouraging start to the day, but you sure seem to know how to see God through everything and not overlook the blessings. Your daughter is beautiful inside and out as you have described her and from the pictures. What a personality! What a blessing when times are tough to have young life around. Sure changes perspective sometimes.

    You have so many great pictures of Elijah with his siblings. I love seeing them! Thanks for sharing :)

    With hugs and Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Always hope. . .There is no other way is there?

      Delete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    Your faith is such an inspiration to us all. I love the pictures of Elijah and Ella Our family is keeping yours in prayer. Cam and I are willing to help in any way you need.

    Loved that farmer video too. It made me laugh and smile.

    Sandy

    P.S. I tried to send you an e-mail about Junior choir but it bounced back.
    Do you have a new e-mail?

    ReplyDelete