Monday, November 11, 2013

Honoring Those Who Served. . .Day #11 of Thankfulness

You won't wear the uniform.
The pride that ran so deep never to be experienced.
Life ended so abruptly
Dreams shattered
Cuts like a knife
The memories; all that are left



It is Veteran's Day
And the Birthday of the Marines.




This is the uniform that I hold in my heart now.
It will be forever etched in my mind.


Right there in that moment your present and future mingled.
Yet your future never to be.
And the grace that is given this side of eternity leaves me once again undone.
We are given the Marine Flag.



Cedric heads to the woods.
He returns with a Cedar post for a flag pole.
We will now proudly display the American Flag along with the Marine Flag.
That Cedric. Is growing into a fine young man.

Day #11 of Thankfulness
Today I am thankful for:
The Marines and the desire our son had to serve
The men and woman who are serving now
Those who have served
 families with loved ones serving
Those that have given their life for our freedom
This country and the freedoms we have because so many gave
Our flag and what it represents
My dad, Uncle Harold, Uncle Richard and Uncle Buddy for their dedication and service to our Country


A son with a heart that is broken and uses his grief to serve.
A Memorial Service to remember children who have gone before their parents
God who will never let us go, who holds us in the palm of his hands

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Please stand with me as we honor the great American Heros


Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment