Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Super Bowl And The Almighty. . .All In A Day

It's Sunday. 
And I know his mercies are new every morning. 
It was the immediate thought that ran through my head when 
I saw the sunrise the morning of Elijah's home-going. 


His mercy and grace have been extended greatly in the past 6 months. 
We have been carried when we can not walk. 
We have been loved and cared for by our friends and community in ways I could never have imagined. 
I am glad for this day of rest. I am weary.
The week has been long.
My emotions getting the better of me most of the time.
I can't sort out some of this journey.
It all seems so senseless.
So full of pain.
And a day of respite is much needed.
I will head to worship.
 I will seek fellowship and we will be encouraged. 
Because that is where my strength comes from.

Pslam 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Together with the maker of the universe I will rest today.
I will choose to give thanks and praise for where I am.
Won't you rest?
Take time on this Super Bowl Sunday to be quiet in the presence of the Almighty.
And then enjoy the bantering and intensity of the Superbowl.
Yes, I think God derives pleasure from us watching the Superbowl. 
I think as with anything, he is saddened by the actions which are contrary to His Word.
But He rejoices over His people.


Maybe He even chooses a team.
(Though I really only watch the National Anthem, when people could remember the words, and the halftime show; Up, Up With People was my favorite. What year was that anyway? And the Commercials; those too are my favorite. I know, it's terrible. I usually know who is playing though. . .)
God rejoices over His people; and football.
He delights in us.
He longs to be in relationship with us.
May this day be spent reconnecting with the Author of life; as well as connecting with those new friends or long time friends during the game.
And being reminded that your sins are as white as snow.
My friends, He is coming back.
And, oh, what a sweet reunion that will be.

I’ll see you in a little while
I’ll see you in a little while
It won’t be too long now
We’ll see it on the other side
The wait was only the blink of an eye
So I’m not gonna say goodbye
‘Cause I’ll see you in a little while




No comments:

Post a Comment