Friday, February 7, 2014

Hush; Be Still

Hush
Be still
Wait
 And see 
New life
Springs
 from the old
There is hope
there is joy
It waits
 Hush
Be still
Wait
And see
The Lord
He is able 
He is mighty
Hush
Be still
I am not quiet.  I walk heavy. My husband reminds me; often.
He though scares me out of my skin; Repeatedly.
Quiet, not my companion.
I am reminded throughout the day to hush and be still.
The day is chaotic.
Visitors amidst my planned cleaning event.
Interrupted in the sweetest of ways.
A reminder that my Agenda is not the Lords.
No matter how I try to plan.
 He will bring about His desire for the day.
He will write my to do list.
The laundry will pile up.
The dishes remain in the sink.
The piles of book work still on the floor.
But the door to this farmhouse is open and the kitchen table full.
And at that table sits;
The blessing of a United States Marine. 
A glimpse at what I am missing, yet pride that another took the step.
He has come to visit; and I am honored.
Before that a visit and conversation with a sweet friend.
The commencement of the de-decorating of Christmas while the chaos flows.
Plenty of Coffee and tea. 
And the reminder to hush, and be still;
even while the busyness rages on.
Hush and be still.
Visit.
Hush and be still.
Embrace the interruptions.
Hush. Be still.
Because God is in all the pieces of the day.

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”


Be still and know that He is God
 Be still and know that He is faithful. 
Be still



No comments:

Post a Comment