Monday, April 28, 2014

My Soul Is Well

It's the future that echoes.
The hollow emptiness that will ever be. 
It's what all parent's feel at the loss of their child; of a loved one held dear.  
It tears and pulls at the heart. 
A daily struggle to rise and count the grace given for the moment. 
It is deep anguish thrashing to consume. 
Stepping towards hope against the raging current.
Your son ripped from you in a moment. 
Searing loss. 
Moments that can never be again.
It's been 9 months.
The tears come wrapped in a cocoon of grace. 
The shattered fragments of my heart held tightly in the palm of the Holy Father's hands 
He covers us with his love.
The wages of sin; mercy extended on a cruel cross. 
Offered to you and me. 
Rising in the hope of all eternity. 
My knees buckle under the weight of all that's been. 
I cry out that it's too much to bear. The weight crushing. 
I long to be relieved from this present torment. 
As the wracking sobs subside.
My heart responds to the soothing melody.
The words permeate my soul. 
The song played at Elijah's funeral. 
Those life giving words pour over me.

It is well with my soul.
What ever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well with my soul. 

Hebrews 6:19
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 
It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

It Is Well With My Soul 
The story of the Hymn by Horatio Spafford
  1. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.


      1. And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,

      1. The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;

      1. The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,

      1. Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment